I’m excited to be working with Habitat For Humanity on the music portion of their “Reflections of Home” series. Habitat stands for what it means to value home and have a safe affordable place to live. They’re featuring what home means to their volunteers, supporters, homeowner and other members of the Richmond community in this series that will take submissions for the community and offer prizes in the fields of art and photography, poetry and short stories, music and cooking.
Local businesses interested in getting involved or offering prizes can email me at email@example.com
Music submissions can be directed to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/homestoriesJune 22nd-26th:
- Monday: Highlights Richmond Habitat families- past, present and future
- Tuesday: Views of Home (Art and Photography)- partnered with The Richmond Night Market
- Virtual Art Show- 7pm-8pm
- Wednesday: Stories of Home (poetry and short stories)- partnered with Richmond Magazine’s R*Home
- Virtual Storytelling Event & Competition- 7pm-8pm
- Thursday: Songs of Home (music) – partnered with SmackSound LLC/StudioB RVA Podcast
- Virtual Music Show & Competition- 7pm-8pm
- Friday: Recipes of Home- send in your favorite recipes to share and develop/publish a cookbook for sale and homeowner welcome home basket (not a part of the storytelling competition).
More info on prizes coming soon.